New DD SuperLight Jungle Hammock is now part of the DD SuperLight Range!
Lighter version of the high spec modular Jungle Hammock - now 25% lighter thanks to the use of the lightest (while remaining strong) materials possible.
The DD Jungle Hammock was the end result of many hours and months of prototypes and testing and tweaking design ideas. With the full width poles at either end this hammock is incredibly spacious and comfy once inside.
It does take a little time to get to know and we recommend you read/print the instructions prior to using it. This will allow you to get the most from it.
Once you know what you're doing it is quick and easy to use and the additional features are very useful.Dead Zombie Bushcraft
You have three main layers:
1. the main hammock (double layer) which comes with lightweight whoopie sling suspension attached.
2. the mosquito net which is completely removable.
3. the waterproof layer (this is removable and can be used below the hammock or above the hammock as a compact tarp).
4. It also comes with full width spreader poles making the hammock very spacious (these can also be added or removed as required).
Please see photos for some of the set-up options this hammock offers!
- So if you are just out for the day and want a hammock you can throw in your jacket pocket, you can take just the main layer with lightweight suspension.
- If camping in an area with insects you'll want to add the mosquito net which zips onto the main hammock.
- The waterproof layer can be used under the hammock allowing it to be set-up as a bivi on wet ground, or it can be clipped onto the top of the hammock to be used as a tarp.
DD now offer additional Waterproof Layers for sale separately (allowing you to have one above and below the hammock when ground camping).
*Please note the waterproof layer doesn't sit completely flush on the top (see photos) but it will stay firmly in place when tied at the ends and provides full rain protection in light wind conditions.
It is a lightweight option to using a full tarp and doesn't provide dry cover for gear/cooking, so when camping in high winds or when you want more cover at camp we recommend taking a full size tarp with you.
- Hammock (2 layers) + Whoopie Slings:570g
- Mosquito Net: 380g
- Waterproof Layer: 210g
- Poles: 210g
- Tree Huggers, Karabiners, Elastic + Bag: 150g
*Please note this hammock comes with a suspension system worth £36 on its own. Taking off the price of the top end suspension system the hammock would be £106 - we've included the quality suspension system as we feel our top of the range hammock is best used with this system.
Also included in the cost are our custom full width curved spreader poles which retail for £18.
- With mosquito net deployed (fully insect proof)
- Mosquito net tied above (ready to drop down/ use if needed)
- Mosquito net removed (lie out in the sun)
- Waterproof layer used above the hammock (used as a tarp)
- Waterproof layer used below the hammock (used as a bivi on the ground)
- Waterproof layers used both above and below the hammock (fully waterproof hammock)
- Complete Whoopie Sling Suspension System attached (for faster set-up and take down) *using lighter Superlight Karabiners (8g each) instead of the slightly heavier karabiners used in our normal Whoopie Sling Suspension System.
- Full width spreader poles making the hammock very spacious
- Two layer design that allows insulation such as thermarest/ camping mat to be inserted between the layers in cold weather
- 1 x 3m guy line (to use as a ridgeline)
- 2 x 2m Elastic Cord (to keep mosquito net up)
- Waterproof layer